Guide for Presenters
Appointed oral presentation
As a general rule, oral presenters are requested to give a talk on site, but online presentation will be allowed for the overseas speakers.
Presentation schedule will be announced by the conference secretariat.
Presentation slides should be 16:9 in screen ratio and prepared in PowerPoint.
Presenters are requested to bring their slide data by USB or their own PC.
- The language for oral presentation is in English.
- All slides should be prepared in English. No simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
- Application software for preparing presentation data should be PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019.
- If you have prepared your presentation data on a Macintosh PowerPoint, please check that your presentation functions correctly in a windows-based environment, or bring your own PC in order to avoid display problems.
- Use standard font (e.g. Arial, Helvetica, Times, Times New Roman) in preparing your presentation to avoid conversion errors.
- To avoid the possible spread of computer viruses, please scan your presentation files beforehand with update anti-virus software.
- Please bring your presentation data in a USB flash memory on your own laptop PC, at least 30 minutes prior to your presentation to the “Operating Desk” near the speakers’ podium in the session rooms. to complete review of presentation data.
- On-site operating system will be Windows 10, PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019.
- Please place all video clips linked with the PowerPoint presentation into a single folder.
- If using a Macintosh or your PowerPoint presentation includes moving images, please bring your own PC and back-up data to make your presentation.
- Presentation data loaded on the conference PC will be completely deleted after your presentation by our staffs.
- Macintosh users are requested to bring your own PC.
- Turn off any sleep functions and screen savers beforehand.
- Cable connector used at the venue for image output is D-sub 15 pin connector or HDMI.
Please bring your own connector conversion adapter if necessary.
- Please bring your PC to the “Operating Desk” near the speakers’ podium in the session rooms.
- Please pick up your PC at the Operation Desk after your presentation.
Poster session is planned for 2 hours (14:00〜16:00) on December 2. All poster presenters are requested to present a poster on site. Each presenter will have 3 minutes for presentation in front of the poster, and following 2 minutes for discussion.
Please prepare your poster as shown in the figure below.
Poster numbers will be prepared by the secretariat.
Poster presenters are requested to put up their posters on the wall by 12:00 and take them down between 16:00 and 18:00 on December 2nd.
After your presentation, you are requested to stay for discussion in front of your poster until the end of discussion time.
The Poster Awards Ceremony will be held at 16:50. Three poster presentations will be awarded.
Disclosure of COI
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest (COI) is required in the 3 rd Asian Pneumococcal Symposium.
Conflict of interest status of the first author for the last three years should be covered.
If there is any COI, the oral presenter should use the disclosure slide to present COI after the title slide, in order to clarify the names of companies and/or associations in question. If there is no COI, the presenter should indicate ‘I/We have no financial relationships to disclose.’.
If there is any COI, the poster presenter should disclose the names of companies and/or associations in question at the bottom area of the poster. If there is no COI, the presenter should indicate ‘I/We have no financial relationships to disclose.’.